Monday, February 27, 2012

Speaker


The speaker, David Gessner, was definitely more interesting then I had originally thought he would be.  When someone writes a book called My Green Manifesto it can only be assumed that they are going to be insufferable environmentalist hippies, but he actually turned out to be level headed and make sense.  I did learn a lot more about the publishing world then I thought I would.  I had no idea how intrusive editors could be in writing going down to exact details just to appear to a wider audience.  It was interesting to hear his example of how he wanted to refer to the Butt Hole Surfers, but the editor wanted him to go with the Sex Pistols because they were better known.  It was also interesting to find out that the editing process could take so long, long enough for him to release two books relatively close to each other because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment